Learn to make rich and decadent German sweet yeast baking treats.
CLASS SIZE: maximum 6 students.
CLASS LOCATION: Morphett Vale, Adelaide, South Australia.
This class is designed so you can replicate the process in your kitchen at home!
Class is completely hands-on, with constant expert tuition from Matthew, for you to experience each stage of the process. You will: mix, ferment, shape, crumble, bake & taste.
What we are making:
- Stollen - a dense, buttery and fragrant traditional German Christmas sweet yeast treat packed with dried fruits, almonds and spices. Commonly known as Dresden Stollen or Christstollen. Quick to make, delicious to eat and it keeps very well.
- Streusel Kuchen - a soft milk-based sweet yeast bun dough with a layer of sweet, flavoursome seasonal fruit, a topping of nutty, buttery streusel (crumble) and a dusting of icing sugar. Often enjoyed warmed with cream or fresh from the oven.
Also included for each student:
- all ingredients - you don't need to bring anything (apron optional).
- a very detailed printed recipe + electronic PDF copy.
- your class stollen and streusel kuchen to take home and enjoy.
- tips and demonstration on how to achieve a professional baked result in your home oven.
- delicious class tastings.
- follow-up advice, if you have any questions.
*This class is vegan friendly! In the class we'll be using premium plant-based ingredients. The recipes can easily be adapted if you prefer using dairy-based ingredients at home.
ALLERGENS: this class includes almonds (tree nuts).
Please see our FAQs for general class information.