Learn to make a variety of wholesome and delicious Rye Sourdough Breads!
CLASS SIZE: maximum 6 students.
CLASS LOCATION: Morphett Vale, South Australia.
This class is designed so you can replicate the process in your kitchen at home!
- 100% rye sourdough tin loaf
- spelt/rye (50:50) sourdough free-form loaf (including recipe for fruit loaf variation)
- spiced rye crispbread crackers (with fennel and caraway seeds)
Class is completely hands-on, with constant expert tuition from Matthew, for you to experience each stage of the process. You will: mix, ferment, fold, divide, shape, dock, bake & taste.
Also included for each student:
- very detailed printed recipes
- a container of active rye sourdough starter for your use at home
- class baked loaves (two) + crispbread crackers to take home and enjoy
- instruction about establishing your own sourdough starter
- tips and demonstration on how to achieve a professional baked result in your home oven
We make natural rye sourdough breads - no added manufactured yeast, no artificial ingredients - simply flours, water & salt + the sourdough starter (natural/wild yeast and bacteria).
During the class we will bake bread in our domestic electric oven and our special larger European (to fit everyone's bread!).
Please see our FAQs for general class information.
*Students who have attended our "Sourdough Bread Intro" class are eligible for a 20% discount for this class. Please contact us, including your name and previous class date, for a voucher code.*