Learn to make a variety of wholesome and delicious Rye Sourdough Breads!
CLASS SIZE: maximum 6 students.
CLASS LOCATION: Morphett Vale, South Australia.
This class is designed so you can replicate the process in your kitchen at home!
- 100% rye sourdough tin loaf
- spelt/rye (50:50) sourdough free-form loaf (including recipe for fruit loaf variation)
Class is completely hands-on, with constant expert tuition from Matthew, for you to experience each stage of the process. You will: mix, ferment, fold, divide, shape, dock, bake & taste.
Also included for each student:
- very detailed printed recipes + electronic PDF copy
- a container of active rye sourdough starter for your use at home
- class baked loaves (two) to take home and enjoy
- instruction about establishing your own sourdough starter
- tips and demonstration on how to achieve a professional baked result in your home oven
During the class we will bake bread in our domestic electric oven and our special larger European (to fit everyone's bread!).
*Students who have attended our "Sourdough Bread Intro" class are eligible for a 20% discount for this class. Please contact us, including your name and previous class date, for a voucher code.*
We make natural rye sourdough breads - no added manufactured yeast, no artificial ingredients - simply flours, water & salt + the sourdough starter (natural/wild yeast and bacteria).
This class is vegan friendly!
Please see our FAQs for general class information.