Using Leftovers: my garlic bread recipe
One of my quick, simple and delicious recipes for using leftover slices of bread: garlic bread.
I find this works really well with frozen bread - the bread thaws while cooking to be soft centred, while the garlic and oil cooks and crisps the crust. It's also very quick and convenient too.
slices of bread (frozen)
garlic cloves (1 medium clove per two slices)
herbs and seasonings
1. slice leftover bread
2. wrap, and freeze bread slices
3. preheat oven to 190 C fan-forced (or equivalent for your oven)
4. prepare baking tray with baking paper or foil
5. place frozen slices of bread (do not thaw) on prepared tray
6. drizzle or brush frozen bread with olive oil
7. cut garlic cloves in half lengthwise, rub 1/2 slice on oiled bread slice
8. sprinkle herbs and/or seasonings as required
9. bake in preheated oven 12-18 minutes until golden brown
10. enjoy eating!
Bread: I generally use my 'bakers sourdough' loaf. Slice bread thinner for a crunchy finish or thicker for a softer garlic bread.
Garlic: More or less garlic may be used to suit personal preference - the frozen bread works well for the "garlic fans" because the bread is firm so the garlic can really be rubbed hard into the bread.
Herbs and Seasonings: I used fresh parsley, sea salt, black pepper and paprika.