Learn to make delicious and wholesome Sourdough Bread using wheat flours and rye flours!
CLASS SIZE: maximum 8 students* (class subject to minimum numbers - see below)
CLASS LOCATION: Curramulka Community Club, Yorke Peninsula, South Australia.
This class is designed so you can replicate the process in your kitchen at home!
Class is completely hands-on, with constant expert tuition from Matthew, for you to experience each stage of the process. You will: mix, ferment, fold, divide, shape, slash/score, bake & taste.
Also included for each student:
- a very detailed printed recipe and method
- a container of active sourdough starter for your use at home
- two class baked loaves to enjoy (1 wheat, 1 rye)
- plus your class shaped dough (1 loaf) to bake at home
- instruction about establishing your own sourdough starter
- tips and demonstration on how to achieve a professional baked result in your home oven
We make a natural sourdough bread - no added manufactured yeast, no artificial ingredients - simply flour, water & salt + the sourdough starter (natural/wild yeast and bacteria).
Please see our FAQs for general class information.
*class subject to minimum registrations one week before class date. Full refunds will be provided if class does not go ahead.
*lunch is not catered. Please BYO. Delicious bread tastings are included.