Learn to make delicious and wholesome Sourdough Bread!
CLASS SIZE: maximum 6 students.
CLASS LOCATION: Morphett Vale, South Australia.
This class is designed so you can replicate the process in your kitchen at home!
Class is completely hands-on, with constant expert tuition from Matthew, for you to experience each stage of the process. You will: mix, ferment, fold, divide, shape, slash/score, bake & taste.
Also included for each student:
- a very detailed printed recipe and method
- a container of active sourdough starter for your use at home
- two class baked loaves to enjoy*
- plus your class shaped dough (2 loaves) to bake at home
- instruction about establishing your own sourdough starter
- tips and demonstration on how to achieve a professional baked result in your home oven
We make a natural sourdough bread - no added manufactured yeast, no artificial ingredients - simply wheat flour, water & salt + the sourdough starter (natural/wild yeast and bacteria).
*For this very popular and convenient half-day class format, baker Matthew mixes extra dough the day before, so students have dough ready to bake in the class. Thus, students experience each stage of the process - mixing, fermenting, shaping, scoring, baking - but we remove the lengthy final dough rising time.
During the class we will bake bread in our domestic electric oven and our special larger European (to fit everyone's bread!).
Please see our FAQs for general class information.
*Students who have attended our "Rye Sourdough Intro" class are eligible for a 20% discount for this class. Please contact us, including your name and previous class date, for a voucher code.*