Learn to make delicious and wholesome Sourdough Bread!
CLASS SIZE: maximum 6 students.
CLASS LOCATION: Morphett Vale, South Australia.
This class is designed so you can replicate the process in your kitchen at home!
Class is completely hands-on, with constant expert tuition, for you to experience each stage of the process. You will: mix, ferment, fold, divide, shape, slash/score, bake & taste.
- a detailed printed recipe and method
- a couple of baked loaves to enjoy later
- your shaped dough to bake at home
- instruction about starting your own sourdough starter
- active sourdough starter to use at home
- tips and demonstration on how to achieve a professional baked result in your home oven
We make a natural sourdough bread - no added manufactured yeast, no artificial ingredients - simply wheat flour, water & salt + the sourdough starter (natural/wild yeasts and bacteria).
For this very popular and convenient half-day class format, baker Matthew mixes extra dough the day before, so students have dough ready to bake in the class. Thus, students experience each stage of the process, but we remove the lengthy final dough rising time.
Please see our FAQs for general class information.