Learn to make delicious, wholesome & healthy Sourdough Bread in an iconic Barossa Valley bakery!
CLASS SIZE: maximum 8 students.
CLASS LOCATION: Apex Bakery - Tanunda, Barossa Valley, South Australia.
This class is designed so you can replicate the process in your kitchen at home!
We bake in the nearly 100-year-old wood oven, so tips for baking your home oven will be provided.
Class is completely hands-on, with constant expert tuition, for you to experience each stage of the process. You will: mix, ferment, fold, divide, shape, slash/score, bake & taste.
- a detailed printed recipe and method
- a couple of baked loaves to enjoy later
- your shaped dough to bake at home
- instruction about starting your own sourdough starter
- active sourdough starter to use at home
- tips to achieve a professional baked result in your home oven
We make a natural sourdough bread - no added manufactured yeast, no artificial ingredients - simply wheat flour, water & salt + the sourdough starter (natural/wild yeasts and bacteria).
For this very popular and convenient half-day class format, baker Matthew mixes extra dough the day before, so students have dough ready to bake in the class. Thus, students experience each stage of the process, but we remove the lengthy final dough rising time.
Please see our FAQs for general class information.