Expand and develop your current sourdough bread baking skills with this class focused on alternative flavours, flours & methods.
CLASS SIZE: maximum 5 students.
CLASS LOCATION: Morphett Vale, South Australia.
Please note: our "Sourdough Bread Intro" class (or equivalent learning) is a prerequisite for this class.
Photos are examples only.
This intimate class is hands-on with a delicious range of sourdough-fermented breads to be mixed, fermented, shaped, baked & taken home. The class includes individual hand-mixing and group dough mixes using the large mixer.
We'll be making and baking (all sourdough):
- Spelt Oat loaf
- Traditional baguettes (overnight ferment)
- Rustic ciabatta (wet dough/high-hydration)
- Potato burger rolls
This class is an opportunity to bring your questions!
Possible techniques for discussion include:
- review and building on "Sourdough Bread Intro" process
- using spelt and durum wheat flours
- sprouting grains
- using seeds on and in the bread
- fresh-milled flours
- adjusting the sourdough starter (levain) schedule
- how to make more bread
- handling wet dough
- plenty of time for questions, troubleshooting and discussion
- and lots more...
- all printed recipes
- a delicious lunch (bread included!)
- your baked breads to take home
*products and techniques subject to change due to current seasonal grain availability
Please see our FAQs for general classes information.